Kay Nickols' Career History and Political Position
Kay Nickols has served the community in a variety of capacities. She has a BA and MA from Michigan State University. She feels it is timely to again be active in township government challenges and issues.
Local government experience:
- Woodhull Township Supervisor
- Shiawassee County Commissioner (District 6)
- Shiawassee County Board of Health (Trustee 10 years)
- Shiawassee County Board of Review (8 years)
Ms. Nickols will work hard for all residents of Woodhull Township to get positive results for pending and upcoming issues. Her commitment includes improve communications, promote transparency, and be accessible by establishing set office hours. She firmly supports the five year township plan for managed growth and stability. Kay will attend county and state workshops to keep abreast of evolving issues affecting on the township. She will be an active liaison between residents and the county departments.
Kay Nickols experiences as an educator and administrator are documented locally and statewide. She was a teacher for six years and administrator for 20 years in the Laingsburg Community School District. Her programs are recognized by area districts and the state department as model programs for all districts.
- Michigan Conservation Teacher of the Year
- Teaching techniques filmed by MSU and released nationally PBS
- Principal - Adult High School Completion Program
- Co-Principal - Laingsburg Elementary School
- Designed latch-key program - Wolf Pups Den
- Developed Wolf Pups Preschool Program
- K-12 Curriculum Coordinator
- Wrote countless grants for School Improvement
- Community Education Director
- MASB Journal PIPELINE (Feb 1988)
- MACAE state publication (March 1988)
- Wonderful 1 Fabric Quilts, Schroeder Publishing, (2007): Library of Congress, ISBN 978-1-57432-936-0
- Wonderful 1 Fabric Curves, Schroeder Publishing (2011) : Library of Congress, ISBN 098-1-5743-647-5